View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 01:47 PM
omak

So here are some pictures of the finished top. I needed it to be a bit bigger for my veterans, so I added another border. I will probably make another one (different fabrics), just because the pattern is straightforward, and FAST! I did all my cutting on the same day of the mystery .... do NOT do as I do .... PLEASE ... follow the directions better than I do <g>
I will be using the red for the binding, and haven't decided on the backing ... but Charisma knows I have enough fabric to make a Christmas backing if I want to.
By the way, you will notice the focus fabric is Christmas, and I didn't want to spend a lot of time looking for Christmas darks in the old bunkhouse, so I thought and I thought ... I looked at my darks and thought ... they really don't seem to have a theme that I can think of to put with them, since I don't know where most of my fabric is ...
and, then it dawned on me! To me every day is Christmas Day - - I celebrate the salvation come to earth in my Savior, but every day is brandy new and by golly! Even when we gift others, we give them all sorts of things ... SO!
Just think Christmas present when you see Olivia whining about being "worn out"! LOL

The extra border sure makes it look busy, eh?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62697[/ATTACH]

I mixed up the focus and accent fabric, but it looks sort of cool, I think ...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62698[/ATTACH]

What Christmas means to me
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62699[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-62692.jpe   attachment-62693.jpe   attachment-62694.jpe