View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 09:09 AM
meyert

ha ha ha .. I was just shocked on how quickly this added up. I sure must love this little great-nephew of mine (and he isn’t even born yet)
In that total is 4 spools of the King Tut thread. I love that thread. I won't use all 4 spools on these 2 quilts, but I will use it up in time. It looks like I purchased 14 yards of fabric in 4 different purchases + 2 yards of Wonder Under... lordy lordy.

I did have a plan drawn up and bought 6.5 yards of fabric for that plan. When I got the fabric I changed my plan.. I got the 2 quilt tops out of that fabric (each 33" x 44") and some left that can be used as a border for one of the quilts (plus I messed up some of that I am sure I have 1 yard scrap - maybe I can use it in a scrappy quilt.)

There are 2 yards of fabric that once I got it in my hands I am not sure if that print will go with the others.. even though they are all from the same collection. Those will have to be used on another project.

I did purchase 2 yards special to try my first real applique. I figure I am going to mess up so I wanted plenty of extra.

Wow! Momma’s going to have to cut back on this fabric shopping