View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Default Toga Observations

I was fortunate enough to get invited to TreadleOns' Toga, the last one to be hosted by Dick Wightman last Saturday. It was an absolutely awesome day. I saw some great machines and learned a lot from some great people. Machines and parts were flying all day, I couldn't keep up with everything going on. And of course I forgot to take my camera. Two nice red head 66's were given away, a beautiful Damascus and her irons were part of the raffle(my friend Misha won it!) along with lots of other cool things.
Some of the machines I saw were a couple of 1950's Japanese Singers(15's I *think*, can't recall for sure now) with the round asian decal on the bed. Discussion of these came to the conclusion that they were probably made in the Pine factory since they have Simanco cast into the under side. There was the big 2 needle hemstitcher I mentioned in another thread. Lots of other Singers, including a rare black aluminum 99 and 2 machines with the wings decals, a 24 treadle, a couple 12's, oh I can't remember now what all else there were for Singers. Lots of them.
There was a Weed, a couple of Wilcox and Gibbs, a couple of badged Nationals, a few Japanese machines including a clone original hand crank badged either National or Standard(can't remember now but I might be able to get a pic since another friend of Mishas' bought it) and a Brother machine that Dick gave me(how awesome is that!?). There were others too, I just can't remember them all. I was on overload by the days end, I really wish I would have remembered my camera.
Have any of you seen the Utube video of the woman sewing with a hand crank machine while driving a big tractor? She was there and showed the quilt she started in the tractor, it's really beautiful. Besides people from Washington being there, people came from Montana, Oregon, California and Reno. Probably other places too, those are just the ones I can remember.

Cari

Last edited by Cari-in-Oly; 10-20-2014 at 10:42 AM.