Old 10-20-2014, 11:24 AM
quilt addict

Went by Lowes on Friday and got 2 of the color chips but the other two were out of stock. Did not make the trip to the other Lowes. I stopped by Rosie's to pick up some FQs for secret santa but then went to the sales closet and purchased some black fabrics because have very few of the mostly black to use for the mystery. So not totally committed yet but sure leaning that way. Guess if I get my borders on last year's mystery I would feel better.

Only Bonnie knows what units we will be putting together but for sure there is Half Square Triangles (HST) since she does include the Easy Angle Ruler in the list of supplies. Since I have learned how to use it, I like it because I am making near perfect HST and not wasting the fabric of making them larger and then squaring them up. Much faster then the old way I was doing it. I have not tried the Thangles or other paper products.

Baggies - big YES. I use them also to keep the steps organized. The way the mystery works is you make some parts and then another part and then eventually you start to put them together. It is a good way to keep track of each step for me too.