View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 08:30 PM
oldtisme

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
I have never done this before, but, honestly, I would dispose of it and never have to look at it again. You didn't make it, you will, under no circumstances, never be able to make it right. I would chalk it up to just a bad mistake, and don't think of it again - you know, the out of sight - out of mind - thing!!!!! I am sorry you have to go through this, and much worse if you in one way or another hang on to it. I would put it in a bag and dispose of it, gently, but permanently. Whoever sold this in ebay isn't doing anything for ebay, it is making you fret over it. I have taken pieces and disposed of them. Yes, I have, and I don't remember what they were, but I do remember disposing of them, and the fact that I can't remember is my point! You probably do a million times better anyhow.

I also can understand trying to keep something for "quilter's posterity", but some just can't be. Concentrate on what you can do and make your quilt a beautious quilt, life is too short to use on something that you will never even bond with. (in my opinion, only)

I am truly sorry if I offended anyone, but there is a lot of work on this quilt top that I don't think anyone can really correct properly and I would much rather use my time and make something of my own design and after all the "work" that would have to be put into that quilt top and it being red, that would be the straw that broke the camel's back. I love making quilts, I make them with a story especially designed for the person I am giving the quilt to or keeping for myself. At 76, I don't have time to worry about redoing a quilt top that may probably bleed all over the place. I want my quilts to be set and ready when I start sewing and not have to worry about this or that. Lesson well learned and now you have the time to do the quilt you really want to do and please, don't feel guilty about not completing a quilt just because it isn't finished. Some quilts are not meant to be finished. Edie
As a beginner this hurts me that some other beginner quilter done her best although is has many flaws in it, to make a top and it is being dismissed as a throw away quilt. This means to me that all the work I have done while learning is crap to the excellent skilled quilter. It would certainly turn me off from trying to quilt ever again. My quilts have a lot of flaws but I know that my children will love them all the same because I made them just for them individually. I hope that other beginners like myself don't let these comments stop them from trying their best to make quilts for the ones they love.