View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 10:06 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

I haven't used Inklingo, but I know some on the QB have. My understanding is that you iron fabric to freezer paper, then run it through your printer. Inklingo prints both the cutting lines and sewing lines onto the wrong side of the fabric. This makes it easy to cut shapes accurately and also to pin them together accurately for sewing.

Because diamond shapes will have at least two of the four sides cut on the bias, it is a good idea to heavily starch your fabric before cutting. Starch stabilizes fabric so that the bias edges will be less likely to distort and deform as you handle them.

Edit: (This advice is meant for machine piecing. If you are using paper piecing, there wouldn't be any need to starch the fabric as the paper provides the stability.)

Edit 2: You may run into problems matching machine-pieced Inklingo blocks with paper pieced blocks in the same project. This is because there is no guarantee that the paper dimensions will exactly match the Inklingo dimensions or that the shapes sewn by means of two different techniques will exactly match.

Last edited by Prism99; 10-20-2014 at 10:10 PM.