View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 05:12 AM
ghostrider

Originally Posted by GrammieJan View Post
I just finished quilting a baby quilt using my walking foot, rather slowly. I had problems with dragging, so it was very difficult to SID because I had pieced baby strips and the pastel colors were too much alike for my poor vision (just recently learned I have glaucoma). Also, the walking foot did not feed very well for some reason, it has never failed me before, but then this is my first try using it on a quilt sandwich. It had a small folded lump at the end of strips where there was a horizontal section to stop at. I always make sure to put the bar in place. Maybe I did not have the sandwich stretched enough.
it is not a generic walking foot, but a Bernina foot, like the machine I was using.
Try loosening the presser foot pressure next time. The instructions with some walking feet (e.g., Viking) recommend this step, though Bernina doesn't mention it. My Bernina WF definitely works more smoothly (no pushing the top fabric, just a nice even feed) with less pressure on it. It's certainly worth trying on yours.

Last edited by ghostrider; 10-21-2014 at 05:14 AM.