View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 07:15 AM
hoprigmom

Good for all of you. I have been on a buying moratrium this year. I have used pieces out of my stash and even gifted some to our local church quilting group. It is so nice to be able to find fabric now that the closet is not so full. I have a girlfriend who did two FARTS in the past 5 days with a friend. She just had to find the right fabrics for Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt coming up. She ended up buying yardage of a new fabric collection that is out now. After all, who wants to do a quilt with old colors. That way her colors are all matched and coordinated. I looked at the collection on line and the pieces she brought are coordinated, but she didn't look at the value of her pieces. They are all the same value, no lights or darks. But maybe this is okay because you use blacks and neutrals. I just laugh and giggle to myself as I pull pieces from my stash. I will use my "old" colors and besides I may not like mystery. Certainly not enough for $200 FARTS. Bonnie uses what she has and may have even recycled some fabric from clothing.