View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 08:02 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KittyD View Post
This class is for English paper piecing, which is a technique I have done before. But there's one block in the quilt that has 10 diamonds & 5 triangles and there are 20 of those blocks & I thought it would move the quilt along by sewing the blocks by machine.. The alternating squares are appliqued using some paper piecing. The teacher does not mind if we do the block with all the diamonds an alternate way. This is the reason I wanted to know more about Inklingo whether it would make sewing these diamonds easier?
What might be an easier way to make those blocks is by means of regular paper piecing. In this case you would draw the entire block (finished sizes) onto paper, divide the block into component pieces that can be sewn together by machine, sew fabric pieces together through the paper, etc. If you have never done this kind of paper piecing, though, it can be quite confusing until you master the technique. I would never use this technique for simple patterns, but it can be a life-saver for complex patterns such as you describe.

Inklingo could work too (provided you heavily starch the fabrics before running them through the printer). You do need the right kind of printer and one that will not jam when running through fabric ironed to freezer paper.