View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Janice McC

Kassundra, go to the very first post here and look over the general rules. It can seem a bit intimidating (at least the admin, fabric prep and mailing part can be) or so I've been told, but as long as you can have basic piecing skills, can follow instructions, can sew a pretty straight 1/4 inch seam, can use a squaring ruler, and are willing to give it the old college try, you will be successful!

One of the most important things is to have a clear idea of what you want from your fabric and the fellow members. You have the option of specifying that only certain colors be used with your fabric (or not used) or you can let each person go with whatever moves them. There will, of course, be a degree of artistic license even when specifying colors, so you've got to be prepared for that. (Your idea of "teal green" or "pink" may differ from the next person's.) It's a great opportunity to showcase your skills, play with fabric you might not select for yourself, expand your skill set a bit, encourage someone else and make new quilty friends.

We're just finishing up this round so it will be at least a couple of weeks before the next sign-up so you have plenty of time to think about what you want from the boom. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected] or you can ask your question here. Someone will chime in to help. I look forward to having another new person in the next swap!

Janice McC

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-21-2014 at 10:07 AM.