View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by winky11 View Post
I am on my second French door Refrigerator. Second because the first one I guess didn't work correctly from the start and we didn't know it. It was a Samsung....DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND. I was getting water and ice under the crisper drawers <snip>
I love french door 'fridges - ours is a Whirlpool and is about 4-1/2 years old and we're having a similar problem, except it's collecting under the freezer drawer in ours. DH went online and thought he found a solution, replaced some drain part on the back but it didn't work so he's going to have to call a repair man and figure it out. Aside from that, it's a great 'fridge.

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
I noticed when shopping that some of the doors must be opened on the right side first and then the left due to a flange that closes in between the doors. I finally ended up with one door on top and freezer on bottom.
Mine has a flange attached to the left door, but it automatically retracts and extends, so I can open either side. The top of the flange has a little peg that slides into a channel on the body of the 'fridge that makes the flange flip out or flip in as the door is closed or opened; it's not something motorized (so it shouldn't break!)

It's nice because the doors are short; when we are putting groceries away it's easier to get to things. Our kitchen is set up so that if the 'fridge had one big door that was open, it'd block the pantry. With the short doors, we can reach around them to put things away.