View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Bee Beatty

Saddened to hear about your sister-in-law. Sisters can be so comforting to brothers....I have three...all younger.....and they have learned they can depend on me during difficult times. Safe trip to be with your brother. Loss of loved ones goes a long way to put things into perspective.

Thank you for all you have contributed to QB and to me personally by keeping the Booms alive and happening! And thanks to giquilt for the reminder that things in life are unexpected and impossible to predict.

For those who are late for this Boom - please know that life happens while we are planning all the things we want to do. And finally a post I read several weeks ago from one of our Swapping buddies: "Isn't the real reason we participate in the Swaps is to have the joy of getting to know one another and not just sit all alone in our sewing rooms without the fun of sharing our lives with other quilters?"

Wishing everyone the best of the holidays coming.....I am looking forward to seeing all of you here on QB again soon!
Bee Beatty

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
Ok, this is what I am going to do. On Sat. Oct. 25th, I am mailing everyone their blocks. One person may still be missing as they are having huge family issues. If they arrive by then, great but if not, I am mailing everyones out. The reason being is that my sister - in law- passed away about 2 weeks ago and my brother has requested for me to come up north to help him with things in the house. Her memorial service is going to be in DEC. Anyways, I am leaving on the 26th. I have told the person who we are waiting for that I will hold her blocks and when she sends me her blocks, she also has to send enough money to pay for me to mail the lone blocks to all of you.
I forgot.......one other person was going to tell me that they mailed their's on Sat and I did not get that message.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Oh well......life happens.