Old 01-02-2010, 03:47 PM
mollyoldham

Originally Posted by Ellen 1
Originally Posted by Fritzy
I've been working on my quilts for kids & have read over the instructions I don't know how many times but dumb dumb here didn't catch something or else just plain forgot. I had all the quilting done on the one I had made from my stash & was just looking at the instructions again for the binding when I saw it. Please do not use invisible/or mono filament thread since it melts!!!! Guess what I did ! I was so @#* upset with myself that now I don't know if they will still take it. Has anyone else made this stupid mistake? I guess I'll have to e-mail them & see if they will accept it or just make another one & donate this one to another charity. Help!!
Sew Art and YLI doesn't melt. I've tested it by putting a hot iron directly on it which I doubt anyone would ever have a reason to do it. I also doubt if a clothes dryer would ever get that hot.

Hi Fritzy, I belong to a group called Firehouse Quilts and we would love to have your quilt donated to us. We are a small non-profit that makes snuggle (45"x45" ) quilts for kids in crisis and battered womens shelters. Check our our website at firehousequilts.org I don't think I'd worry about the invisible thread melting, because I doubt anyone is going to iron what you've made. That'd be the only thing that I'd think would melt it. Ellen1