Old 01-02-2010, 06:21 PM
judithb

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
I never thought about any hazards either. I have thought of donating some in the future, if they are going to be washed to death I think I will save my money and time. A store blanket would be a better choice. Don't these places realize the money and time that goes into making quilts? Just the way I feel about this.
I understand your point. That being said, Downy donates all of the material, including the backing, I think it is donated by the fabric companies. All we are using is our own batting and love and time. Would you rather have a gift like every one else's? Or would you like something made by someone for you? These quilts are made by people who WANT to make them. So, not a problem for you. I feel pretty sure that Downy put a lot of time and thought and planning in to this project. If you want further information there is a web site for information @ quilts for kids. I contacted them a couple times and they are helpful with information. They would probably appreciate a cash donation. Downy also accepts donations for them.
I certainly don't want to sound preachy, just giving a different slant on the issue.