View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 06:42 AM
Judi in Ohio

Default Babylock Destiny -yes or no?

I am such a sewing machine addict. If I wrote down what I've had it's crazy. Let's see. I started with a Viking Rose, traded it with a lady who had a Bernina 180 who wanted to simplify (Bernina ladies don't stone me - one Bernina was quite enough). From there I bought and traded two Brother ULT's, a Janome - the list goes on.
OK, has anyone seen the new Babylock Destiny, I think Brother calls it's model the Dreamweaver? I didn't think I could be tempted, but good lord this thing is the bomb. And when I heard the list price I laughed. I mean really, $15,000. I think I read here where a Babylock rep told someone here that it was $17,000 at a show - now why would anyone say such a thing? I really wanted to see it in person - a terrible idea btw, and a local Brother dealer was just down from where I was having lunch - what's an addict to do??? I didn't ask, but this dealer sells close to retail, but they had none in - said they had just sold a "ton" at a show - no I didn't ask. I like these people but their prices are out there. I saved $2,000 on my 10 needle going to another dealer.
I know this is like asking a wino if you should stop drinking, but I need to be pulled from the ledge. I retire in two months, this is the end of my machine buying to the degree I do now. Babylock/Brother is offering a 3 year 0% plan for a week - next week. And my Babylock dealer has a really good price on it!
And I'll certainly have the time to learn this puppy!!!!! What to do, what to do? HELP talk me down - or not!