View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 04:26 AM
sewnsewsue

Originally Posted by quiltingbuddy View Post
I got mine from a vendor at our quilt show but I haven't used it yet. Please post how you like it after finding & trying it ok?
I have this ruler and love it! If you cut accurately and sew a perfect seam, you will not have to trim your half square triangles. I have arm "issues" so this is helpful and really fast for me. I did a Faceted Jewels quilt last spring and used this for the hundreds and hundreds of blocks that I needed. There is another ruler called the Companion Angle that you can use to cut the goose part of flying geese and use the Easy Angle to cut the corners. No waste! You cut your strips 1/2 inch larger than the finished size. Fons and Porter sells a ruler that cuts the half square triangles as well as the quarter square triangles for flying geese and hourglass blocks. It is called Half and Quarter Square Ruler, I think. I can't find mine to check the name but they all work really well, just a little learning curve. I found I was cutting a bit too generous in the beginning. You need to be accurate, not generous!