Thread: Suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 04:29 AM
nanna-up-north

I've read through all the posts but I don't see the answer to my question. You said you learned to quilt with your mom. Is she still around? Are you living too far away or has she passed? Either way perhaps your 'dry spell' is just a feeling of loss that she's not quilting with you. It may be that you've gone through the quilting phase of your life (I've done that with cross-stitch) but I'm seeing in your post that perhaps you're having a loss issue. I hope not but if that is the case maybe you need to participate with a group on loss to bring the joy back that you had when you were quilting.

If I'm way off on my comments, I'm sorry. And I do not want to offend. But, joining a quilting friend or group would help. I don't have any quilting friends where I live anymore. This board and another one are my quilting friends. I love you all but really, it's just not the same. When I broke my arm and couldn't quilt for 4 months, I thought I'd die. I missed my hobby so much. I do hope you get the quilting bug back because it sounds like you want it back.