Thread: Suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 04:38 AM
SueSew

Dreaming, some people seem to take to FMQ, like Vivki. My son's fiance is an artist and her FMQ is stunning - not just feathers and little stipples but all sorts of lovely designs. She FMQ'ed the lead characters of the Star Wars movies into a quilt for her brother, and she is just a beginner!

I, on the other hand, cannot FMQ without some kind of twitching, or pulling on the quilt, or going too fast or too slow. I'm told I have other talents (my dear DH is a sweetie! LOL) so I don't worry about what I can't do and I do a good job of what I can. Design, color selection, piecing...and then I SITD and do the simple meanders which I can barely manage without screwing up.

Are there parts of quilting that you enjoy? Look to the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you once you get going, the boring or frustrating parts of the job may get put back in their place!

Or try making something different, like bags or potholders or placements which don't require a lot of hoo-rah?

I hope you can stop feeling guilty about your stash. Do you think you are buying fabric to try to get your enthusiasm back? Maybe if you sell some of it off it won't be weighing on you!