Old 10-27-2014, 07:09 AM
ladydukes

Default Blessed with a Husqvarna 500 Computerized Machine

My girlfriend told me recently that she had a sewing machine that she wanted to give me. I didn't give it much thought at the time, and she didn't even know what the machine was. On Friday, she brought the machine to me. I was shocked, amazed and delighted when I removed the case top and saw that it is a Husqvarna 500 Computerized machine that looks brand new! It has the manual, 10 bobbins and about a half-dozen presser feet with it. WOW! I am still beyond words!

Does anyone know if a walking foot from a Janome MC9000 will work on it, or any other feet from the Janome? I haven't tried them yet. My Janome bit the dust, so I've been using my vintage machines for a couple of years now. I welcome any tips on using this precious gift!!

My girlfriend (and her husband) who gifted me with this machine owns apple, peach, plum, apricot orchards and wine grape vineyards as well as raising vegetables (during the summer). One of the QB members posted a photo of a quilt she made from Patchworks Plus out of Canada called "Vintage Patchwork." The quilt appeared to be a row by row quilt. I have a pic of the pattern, but it is PDF format. This quilt pattern totally depicts the area where we live with the orchards, vineyards, rivers, sunshine, etc. I would absolutely love to make one of these quilts for my precious friends as a thank-you gift, but I have been unsuccessful in locating the pattern anywhere. A few friends have tried searching, to no avail. If anyone has the pattern or knows someone who is willing to part with it, I will be happy to purchase it, or if they don't want to sell it and would loan it, I will take excellent care of it and return it promptly. Any help is appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails husquavarna-500_-640x589-400x368-.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Husquavarna 500.jpg (221.4 KB, 451 views)

Last edited by ladydukes; 10-27-2014 at 07:29 AM.