Old 10-27-2014, 03:17 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 View Post
Hello ladies! I haven't been on the board in a really long time, but when I was picking out my colors I was thinking about how I came on here last year to ask your opinions. I decided to totally change the colors and make it more of a camo quilt so that my boys can have options too lol. Poor things always love the design but hate the colors (as I tend to make them with girly one) I have my colors picked by how much I have of each one. I am 2" short on one, but usually have some left so I hope I will be ok. Totally doing this from stash and was surprised I had enough for this to begin with. Please let me know what you guys think.

Oh yeah, I have looked at everyone else's fabrics and I LOVE them! Can't wait to do this mystery this year. This is my 5th mystery with Bonnie and have never been disapointed.
Your fabric choices definitely will come out more manly! I might change which colors I'm subbing for, based on the values of the colors. For instance, she told us to use the darkest pink and green, but the lighter two aquas... and I think the middle value yellow. If you sub a dark color, exchange it for a dark/bold paint color. And sub your lighter colors for the lighter paint colors, like the aqua and yellow. That's the only thing I would do different with your choices. Otherwise, the design may not come out as dynamic, if the "values" aren't working similar to Bonnie's.