View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Quiltin'Lady

Hi everyone,

I've so enjoyed seeing everyone's lovely sewing spaces, that I decided to take advantage of my newly-clean room and take some photos to share. We actually finished this room about a year ago, but it's been in such heavy use since then that I haven't had a chance to take any pictures of it.

Like nearly everyone, I wish it were bigger. Sigh. I also wish that I had some wall space -- as you'll see, it's all covered. There is a small quilt to the side of the wall bed, but it got left out of the photos.

It's not perfect, but it's the nicest thing I've ever had, so I really am enjoying it. Hope you like it, too!

Batting, yarn, books, tools, patterns (boxes of stash above)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62602[/ATTACH]

My knitting and quilting books, tools and thread and other notions in small drawers, patterns in small/large file boxes, fabric above in plastic bins
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62636[/ATTACH]

My DH and I live in a relatively small house (well, the bedrooms are small, at least). We share one room as our joint office space and the third bedroom was used as a guest room. The difficulty was that we seldom had need of a guest room and I desperately needed space for my quilting and knitting supplies. I was also sick of sewing on the dining room table. I needed a room of my own! (h/t to Virginia Woolf!) Once we figured out what to do with the bed, the rest happened pretty quickly. What IKEA didn't have, my husband made -- including the new wall bed. I would love to be able to have my fabric just out on shelves the way that so many other quilters do, but I frequently work with the window open and the dust would be a killer. As is often the case, I no sooner got all the storage units in place when I realized I needed more room! Ack! I guess I'll have to wait for our next house...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67048[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-62597.jpe   attachment-62631.jpe   attachment-67043.jpe