Old 10-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Take the little screw out, turn the clutch nob counter clockwise to remove it, then soak the hand wheel - shaft area with Tri-Flow oil, is what I'd do. Then remove the hand wheel and thoroughly clean the main shaft and the shaft bore inside the hand wheel. Lightly oil the shaft and reassemble.
The little screw is out, but that clutch cap doesn't budge. When I said stuck, I meant STUCK! It doesn't budge in either direction. If I didn't know any better I would think it was all one solid piece, it's that immobile.

Originally Posted by KenmoreRulesAll View Post
Have you tried kerosene or another solvent? You might also try a hair dryer or sitting the machine in a very warm spot for a while.
Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
I generally use Liquid Wrench or Kroil and some heat. It's the old gunky dried oil inside that is sticking it together.
Where would I apply liquid wrench or kerosene? Into the oil hole right there in the screw cap? Or do I try to get it in around the edges as well/instead?

These are probably bonehead questions, but (as I'm sure you can tell) I have no clue what I'm doing here, LOL.