View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by Jackie R View Post
My daughter came into possession of an old singer - when I check with the Singer web site, all I can tell is that it is a 1955 model but can't find out anything else. It's Model #EK962301. Does anyone know anything about it and what kind of value it might have if she wants to sell it and are there quilters that use this model??? and if they sew with it, how do they like it. It looks to be in very good condition & has the case too.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Funny...I JUST bought this machine's close sibling! Mine is from January 1956 and it's a 99K also. I can tell you I paid $45 for mine at a charity shop, but I live in an expensive area so that's probably an inflated price compared to a lot of places. Mine "works" except it's gunked up with old oil and needs cleaning. Mine has the case and manual but no extra accessories. Body & decals on mine are in really good shape. Not perfect, but really good. Case is in "good" shape, I guess - little bit of wear but doesn't stink of mold or smoke like so many of them do.

It's such a cute machine. I doubt I'd ever be able to sell it for much more than I paid for it, though. Mine was one of I think 50,000 released, so they really aren't rare. And the 99K's were made for decades so there must be thousands of them still kicking around.