Thread: Suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 08:29 AM
Barbara Kantola

Hi Dreaming -- The same thing happened to me several years ago after my husband became very ill with pancreatitis. He survived better than I did, I think! At the time, I became severely depressed and it took me a few years to overcome that. The depression really did a number on me and I am so thankful that today, I am well and happy again! So perhaps you have a medical issue that needs to be addressed. In any case, I am now retired from fulltime work and am enjoying quilting again. I started by listing all my UFOs and have been completing them (as well as other gifts or items that have been requested by family and friends). When I wasn't well, I thought perhaps I would never get back to quilting, but I am glad to say that is NOT the case. I am enjoying quilting so very much these days. And I have made a decision that if I don't particularly want to complete a project I started earlier, I will gift it to someone else in my quilt group or donate it to a thrift store. I will only work on those projects that I really want to work on.

I hope you can find what the problem is and get back to enjoying sewing and quilting. But if you decide that it is no longer something you want to do, that's fine, too. It's your life and you must do what is good for you and what makes you happy! Since you have all that fabric and have an interest in quilting, perhaps you can start by just practicing free motion or walking foot quilting on your DSM. I do that myself because I cannot afford to send quilts out to be completed. There are some excellent tutorials on the internet/you tube to help with suggestions for methods of quilting on your DSM. I have learned so much from this free information and also I have learned so much from posters on this board. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained from reading and researching on the internet!

I wish you the very best and hope that you can find whatever it is that makes you feel best!

Blessings,
Barbara