View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 11:15 AM
Cedar

Default Last minute labels

Sooo labels . . .

I realize that most people do labels before binding, but I discovered that after binding so that's not happening. So what is my best option at this point?

I had originally thought I would appliqué a label written in fabric marker. I know that I can do a good buttonhole stitch. I also know that I'd have to buy iron transfers and fabric markers, so there's some expense there. I also am realizing that I had an appliqué lesson many years ago and think I remember everything but I haven't actually done it so there's alot of room for thinking I know what I'm doing and messing up. Any suggestions on supplies or pro/cons I'm not thinking of?

The other option is hand embroidering something. I used to embroider alot of pre quilted baby bibs so I know I can do this without messing up the other side. However it will be time consuming and Ill need to do finish knots on the front side. Also it may be difficult to work with a hoop on a quilt corner, and I've only embroidered without one once or twice. It would be a nice budget friendly option though and I have more experience with embroidery than any other craft. Any pro/cons I'm missing here?

All advise is appreciated. Thanks.