Old 10-29-2014, 05:50 PM
madamekelly

This will be a little labor intensive but it works most of the time. Go to your local "buy it cheap" store and get a roll or two of contact paper. Before you go out the next time, cut off a strip full width, and peel the backing a little at a time. Put the first edge face down at the inner corner of the couch on the cushion. As you peel it more, pull it across the couch sticky side up, making sure it comes to the front edge, and when you get to the other end, fold it back and stick it to the other end cushion. Do the same for any chairs etc. this works best when you will only be gone a short time. When you leave, the dog will jump up, become tangled in all that sticky, and avoid the couch from then on! For insurance when I did this, as I left the house after that, I would put strips of clear tape on the cushions so he would smell it and walk away. Worked like a charm. He never gets on the livingroom furniture now, but when we are gone ,if we forget to shut the bedroom door, I will have to vacuum all that hair off the bed before I can get in it. It is easier than contact papering the whole bed. Did I mention that he is Husky, Malamute, German Shephard, and wolf? He really is a walking hair dispenser.