View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 05:37 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I have a 30x72" folding table that my portable machine sits on and I also use it for my cutting table. It is against one wall. Above that is a 3 shelves. I was using a card table but it was not stable enough and my machine would bounce with every stitch. DH put a board under to stabilize it. Shortly after is when we got the 30x72 table. My 401 desk cabinet sits in front of the large window and butts up against the folding table. I practiced the other day on a stained sheet and old mattress pad ($8.00 at discount store). I found if I put a couple tv trays behind the 401 and with the folding table and card table next to me it worked great for quilting a queen sized quilt. I have on the opposite side of the room about 2-3 feet away a work bench that was put up about 12 years ago for other crafting. The piece of wood I used to keep my portable from bouncing is perfect size for small ironing board. I get my big ironing board out when I pre iron my stash after washing and when I need to starch. I butt it up against my bench and cover the bench with a flannel table cloth so I don't get overspray starch on the bench and stash. It also give me extra space for large pieces to be ironed. My stash is on comic boards nearby and in clear containers on the floor under the bench. All of this fits in a 8x9 room. The work bench has a couple drawers and cabinets underneath. Everything is labeled. I would rather be able to glance and see what is where instead of dig through everything. Most of my equipment other than my 401 can be put/folded away quickly. We bought an inflatable bed for overnight guests. There will be plenty of space for any guests to put their bags on the bench and they will be able to hang coats in the closet. Haven't had any guests for awhile and I know someone is about due. I keep trying to downsize but realize I just need to reorganize!