View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Morag

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Spent yesterday late afternoon/evening at a friend's house..did not want to face carloads of trick or treaters..anyway....several years ago she made a cathedral window quilt-about twin size......I never tried that process but decided I wanted to learn....so she showed me....I think I'm hooked! Every year I like to try to give myself a challenge/goal...and this may be this year's......it took her almost two yrs to finish, doing it nightly after coming home from her job......I don't know how far I will get...maybe only a pillow cover, but it is going to be a challenge....hexies will have to " move aside" for awhile.

Who here has done cathedral windows?
If I were to do a full bed size( ha,ha) how much background fab would I need...about a bolt?...........and also at least two lifetimes!

Have found a few good hints on YouTube, of course too, even my friend liked a few of the hints........
I have made two CW,s and helped finish another when my friend had a stroke.
They are truly a labor of love.
One was full size for my hubby and took 3years to finish. The other was for my daughter and was queen size.
That took all of four years to complete. I used fabric from her dresses and other folks clothes for the "windows".
So the quilt felt like part of her childhood.
I took a square when I traveled in my job or was going off for a week-end.
Go for it and just keep on going. It is a beautiful quilt when finished.
I do not see another CW in my future BUT who knows