View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 09:46 AM
craftymatt2

I just dont get it, i would give body parts for anything hand made, i take hand made over store bought anytime, I have a quilt my step-mother made and i just love it and i take such great care in these quilts she made.She made a quilt for each of my kids I have a girl and two boys, they are grown, dd is 42, ds is 40 and a son 37, my daughters quilt i still have, she cant take care of herself and the quilt she would sell, my 40yr old son, i have his also, my younger son had his first child (a boy) 5 yrs ago, so i prepared his quilt, you know, washed it gently, ironed it and wrapped it, and wrote a letter to him about memories and put it in with the quilt, now, because it was an animal themed shower, the quilt had elephants on it, so i thought how appropiate. After my grandson was born, I started looking for the quilt and couldnt find it. Looked in there closets (yes i peeked, but i was taking care of my grandson while they worked) went through the babys room, finally found it in the bottom of the closet in the zippered bag i put it in, all wrinkled and shoved back into the bag, well, just let me tell you, i let all three of my kids and their spouses have it, yes, i screamed, yelled and through a big girl fit. I told them how pigish and ungrateful they were and I would make sure they never get anything home made from me again, these quilts were hand made and handstitched over 30 to 35 years ago, and it was thrown in the bottom of the closet.
They looked at me like I was a nut, I have 2 grandfather clocks my dad made one was my mil and the other mine, my daughter was to get hers, but when my mil died, i told my dd she wasnt getting it, the clocks are very delicate and i new she would ruin it or sell it, so i told her forget it.
Anyway moral is...my kids wont get anything since they cant take care of it.