Old 11-05-2014, 01:48 AM
CindyA

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
I am quilting the last 3rd of my CS. I quilt mine in 3rds - just sandwich, then cut the side battings off. Quilt the middle, then use fusible interfacing to put one of the battings back on, then quilt that section, then do the last section. I do have a large harp (Brother PQ1500s), this procedure makes it so much easier to quilt. I hope to have it finished this week.
JeanieG, I've only done one QAYG machine quilted project and despite being really careful while I was doing it the batting started separating when I started using and washing the quilt. When I say separating I mean that I can hold the quilt up to the light and see that the batting is not longer touching - it has spread apart where I had butted it up together. I though I had been really careful to butt the edges up together and I thought I had ship stitched the pieces together before I quit the quilt. I also heavily quilted it, as in 1/4-1/2." So, I'd love to do another one in sections but am too nervous to try it. You've had success with it? Any more tips, other than what you've shared above? Exactly what do you do with the fusible interfacing. Thank you!