View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 06:25 AM
Macybaby

Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
I have a Kenmore that is missing the reverse knob. So I secure the beginning and ending stitches by turning the stitch regulator to near zero, take a stitch or two and then return to it to the stitch length I want. When I get to nearly the end, I repeat the process. Seems to work just fine for me. I am not too fond of the reverse knob because it seems I can never get the reverse seam to be completely on top of the original seam and then I have two really close together seams.
I have a few vintage sewing manuals, and this is what they recommend doing.

I hate the "reverese" button on my main machine. It's right next to the stitch length right up at top. I don't like taking my eyes off my needle, and there have been many times I've reached without looking and hit the stitch length button instead. And you have to hold it down to continue to go back, so instead of going backwards, I get a large stitch instead! The stitch length - the longer you hold it down the longer the stitch you get (up to the max)

Sometimes electronics aren't all that fun. I'd much rather have a lever I could move back and forth.