View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 01:03 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
I won't buy from anyone who talks up a domestic machine for sewing leather and/or upholstery like that , and as for the stitch sample, he doesn't understand how to manipulate the stitch knobs.

BUT- I have three of these machines, that is the machine I learned to sew on. They do sew a perfect stitch, and I will admit to putting my moms machine to the test by sewing lots of things I shouldn't have, including most of the interior for a '67 Pontiac. My oldest DD has it now and it still sews like it's brand new. And here's a kicker- Some of them take cams, but you'd never know it by looking at it. It's a secret James Bond 007 type of thing.

Cari
A lot of times they will sew through leather. BUT what thickness? How much leather? I would think it would be a lot more efficient to sew leather on a machine made to sew leather. I had a real old Singer 15 that did sew through a lot of leather. It was a cruddy looking machine but boy could that thing sew. It had one of the older heavy hand wheels on it, too. mumble mumble mumble....