Old 11-05-2014, 07:11 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

I've been sneaking peeks now and again. Amidst all the comings and goings I caught a flu bug (chills, low fever, and body aches) and have been under the weather the last couple of days. Didn't know I could sleep all afternoon and still sleep the night through. Guess the body knows what to do when you're not feeling the best. Better tonight and hopefully better tomorrow. Good thing I voted early on Tuesday.
QNS, I have been thinking of you and am so glad your eye surgery went well. Soon you'll be sewing up a storm as winter sets in. Hoping the skin spot is just that.
Jeanie, like your quilt, but yes it's got some yellow zing to it. Have you auditioned a pink yet? Is it going to soften the brightness?
Honchey--cute little angel. I have a lot of angel Christmas ornaments and angels in one of the spare rooms, but just a few churches here and there.
Yup, Carrie you are young and enjoy the comings and goings of your family. I'm sure you are realizing that as DD is fast approaching graduation and starting a life on her own that the days are precious. Glad to hear you've got some sewing done.
Last week I decided to rearrange furniture. I have 2 nice oak finished cupboards and matching bookcase downstairs. One of the cupboards I've had fabric in. Well I'm moving those pieces upstairs to our bedroom and have moved the antique oak wardrobe down in the sewing space--that means another rearranging is going on. I hope I am satisfied with it and it will be my last and and I can settle in and sew. I think I have all the fabric put away now accept for the small scraps. I've been cutting out pieces for this quilt, but using scrap fabrics of tans and various dark colors instead of the light tans and blues. Just have a few of the lights to cut and then I can put this "kit" away for winter sewing. The block is log cabin like, and can be turned this way or that for different looks. Think I will use the second lay out.
We just found out DH's cousin has has lung cancer (never a smoker) that has spread to her hip. I've found some fabric to put together a comfort quilt for her while she has treatments, so that's a priority--can I get it down by Sunday--we'll see. Night all.
Attached Thumbnails jfi.jpg   jfi-2.jpg