Old 11-05-2014, 08:37 PM
tellabella

I want to do a Storm at Sea for one of my sons...can you share with me which pattern you're using..I have looked at a couple but not sure which ones I will go with..I also like the SAS combined with the Snails Trail...I too also thought that Northcott were all a nice weight...

Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria View Post
I bought online a bunch of the Stonehenge Starry Night 2 Snow fabric and I was going to use it as background for a very colorful Storm at Sea and I just realized that it is way too thin to use with dark colors. Just draping it over my fabrics you can see all the colors come right through!!! It is so upsetting because I bought almost 9 yards!! Will have to save it for light fabrics but even then, all the seams will show through.

Anyway, I need a replacement fabric. I am using the Northcott Shimmer fabric line for my colors and need a nice white (not cream) for the back ground fabric that would be of a similar weight. It should have some substance to it so the seams don't show through too much. Any ideas?? I was so excited to start my SAS quilt in the next week and now I'll have to wait Thank you.