Old 01-03-2010, 10:19 AM
MistyMarie

Every time I give away a quilt to a friend (usually baby quilts), several in my family remind me that I haven't finished quilts for them. I think there is a finality in giving a person a quilt. For example, I used blocks from a Christmas swap to make my MIL a quilt. (My current picture under my name.) Now, when I have found the perfect fabric for another quilt for her, I feel incredibly guilty for making her another one before I make the rest of my family theirs. It would look bad if I made my MIL two before I even got around to the rest of the family. It wouldn't do any good to explain that I did not actually make the blocks in her first quilt, so I just have to let the fabric for her second one sit on the shelf. She will probably be dead by the the time I get around to making the rest of the family their quilts.

Maybe if you made small wall hangings for everyone in the family that asks for a quilt, they would at least get a "quilt" from you. (Actually, I think I might try this. :-P :-P )