View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 06:16 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

We have a quilt show coming up this February and I'm excited to go. No I'm not entering anything. I do know of one individual who was a judge at the last one. A couple of judges were giving some well said and deserved praises of one of the quilts. When I found out who the judge with the last word was, I was not surprised she gave a big hands down of honorable mention and had to be strongly talked into it. This judge had a run in with the quilt maker a few years back. The judges way was always the right way, even though the quilter's thoughts were opinions and it didn't matter the subject. I found out this judge was no longer to judging quilts this time around. This judge was so biased it wasn't funny. She just happens to be a very unhappy person. She was critical to the point of being condescending and mean. She told one quilter "I don't know who your quilting mentor was but you either didn't pay attention or they were a lousy mentor." This quilter was a long time quilter and did beautiful work. Thank God she never paid attention to the judge. She has won numerous awards.