Old 11-07-2014, 07:57 PM
ILoveToQuilt

I am intrigued by this MQ. Have 99% of the colors in my stash, but will have to buy the yellow. Fat quarters and scraps are okay to use according to her blog.

I will see what the first clue is and go from there. Maybe I will do this quilt, maybe not. I am not a fan of quilts where I need to buy specific rulers, books, etc., maybe I'm cheap, but I've known too many quilters that end up with piles of rulers, etc., that they've only used once and never again. Seems like a waste of money to me. If BH is going to have us make HST, I'm sure I can use whatever method I want and am comfortable with to make them. Am I right or does BH usually do unexpected things with her rulers? I'm asking this because I've never done a MQ and if I decide to do it, will I actually need to buy the ruler?

I've subscribed to this thread and can't wait to see the progress. Oh...one more thing. In reading BH's blog, she asked that we PLEASE not post detailed instructions, helpful hints, suggestions, etc. She wants us to ask her if we have problems figuring out the clues. She said there were problems in the past with people "rewriting" her MQ instructions to try and make it easier for people who don't understand the clues. I can see her point, but I can also see asking other members who are doing the MQ for advice.

Off to Lowe's in the morning for the paint chips...