Dough:
3/4 cup butter - softened/room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teasp salt
1 egg lightly beaten
1 teasp vanilla
2 cups flour
Additional sugar in bowl to roll dough in later

Cream butter and sugar - add egg, salt and vanilla - stir in flour. Chill 30 minutes

Filling: 1/4 cup light Karo syrup - 1/4 cup dark Karo syrup - 1 tablespoon butter, melted - 1 egg - 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed - 1/8 teasp salt - 1 tablespoon flour - 1/2 teasp vanilla - 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans.

Stir together brown sugar, flour, egg and melted butter - add remaining ingredients and stir together. *Stir frequently to keep the pecans well mixed in the filling

Heat oven to 350. Roll dough into balls about 3/4" diameter - flatten - Place in muffin tins and press evenly to form "pie" shell. Fill them about 3/4 full. Bake about 12-15 minutes - turn out of muffin tin onto cooling rack immediately.
Makes several dozen cookies.

BONUS cookie. The above cookie dough is so flexible. You can add anything to it - chopped nuts, raisins, coconut, mini chips, crushed peppermint, butterscotch chips, maraschino cherries --- and change the vanilla to almond extract or a touch of peppermint. You can also press a walnut or pecan half, or a Hershey's kiss in the center of the ball right before baking. Bake on lightly greased baking sheet. This is the one that i do with the DGDs at Christmas....i just make sure i have lots of things to mix in and "stick" in and they take it from there.
oooooooooooooh!!!!!