Old 11-08-2014, 03:58 PM
sailsablazin

I would make corn warmers for the families. 12 x 12" piece of heavy muslin (I use "duck" since I picked up a few bolts cheap). Square off the corners and then fill 1/2-3/4 full of whole kernel corn---not cracked corn. Then I make a removable flannel cover---corners squared off also. Heat up in microwave for 3 minutes for sore shoulders, etc. or to take the chill away from cold toes.
My daughter's college roommates laughed at first at the corn warmer....however, now they "borrow" it all of the time.

Teenager---a gift card for Subway or a favorite pizza place. Or bag of microwave popcorn with 2 movie tickets.

Little one will always love toys...Match box cars. My DH made a "race car ramp" from a 1 x 4" piece of wood. Divide it longitudinally with a 1 x 1 inch piece of wood (glue in place--making 2 lanes) and then use it as a race track so cars can race side by side. Have to balance the board on a couch or ottoman at one end to give it an incline.....(like Pinewood Derby race car tracks). Our grandsons beg their uncle's old race car track when they visit so they got their very own last year. Have to sand it smooth so no slivers or paint it a cool color..