View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 05:27 PM
jlhmnj

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
or write it.
Publishing houses work with and pay authors, editors, printing companies and distributors to have original works printed and distributed. They outlay an enormous amount of investment capital and employ a large number of people. They are also a legal company and they pay tax.
Now, you want to draw a comparison between these pillars of education, history and civilisation to someone who finds a copy of said publishing house's work. They scan it and ask people to give them $10 every time they can click so they can ride the gravy train. It has so far involved no risk, no skill, no tax, no investment and very little of their time.

Can you see how ridiculous your comparison is? You really sound like you're trying to defend them and I'm probably not the only one wondering why.

You seem to be saying it's OK for the Big Guy to make a Buck but the little guy should donate (or make a $1-$2)on his time and effort ? You really think someone can sell 1,000's of Davis, Grover and Baker or Florence manuals? I know it takes me hours to copy and edit with a pretty mediocre result not worthy of any money except as a gift. I have respect and admiration for those individual who can do this with a good result and they should not be ashamed like you are insinuating.

Jon

PS--Who are you defending---"The Man" (teehe)

Last edited by jlhmnj; 11-08-2014 at 05:41 PM.