Old 11-08-2014, 05:44 PM
SteveH
Banned

I meet the gentleman at 9:05am at his business (cool catering service and deli) and he takes me into the back.

There it is, looking just like the pic from CL!! (you'd be amazed how many time they do not...)

We chat a bit, this is an Estate sale, his mom collected antiques and these are some of the last few to be sold off. He had no idea when she got it or where. I asked about the machine, he said it's in there...

I opened the lid and then almost 5 seconds later I blinked and breathed out.... The sudden inhale took care of itself.

I turned towards Heather (to make sure she was ok) and she has this "I have a poker face, I have a poker face, look going on.

I say quietly and slowly as composed as I could, how much would you like for this? He says "what do you think it's worth? I really don't know anything about these old things".

[ Here is where my Mom's face appears in my mind with a stern look]

I told him the truth, if it is complete and works, once cleaned up and made to work it would be worth at least $800, maybe much more.

His reply was the second breath taker... "I appreciate that, Honestly I kinda thought it was part of the cabinet and was going with it for the $75, but if you feel like you would like to pay more you are welcome to"

[Mom's back... same look]

I said "i'd really fell better about paying you some for it, how does $100 for the head in addition to the $75 for the cabinet sound?"

He says "sure"

5 seconds later when I can breath again, I hand him the money.

I took this picture 30 seconds later.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]498169[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20141108_091751.jpg