Old 11-08-2014, 06:20 PM
dublb

I've been busy gittin' ready for my DNieces baby shower. I had trouble gittin' my stuff ready as I kept havin' ta go & teach my DSis how ta make hers. Yesterday was supposed ta be my sewin' day. I ended up goin' ta her house last night. I made 4 43" X 43" blankets. 2 o' 'em were flannel. On the gray flannel one I put a blue applique elephant in the corner. I was gonna make a kinds cheater quilt. I bought some natural colored prequilted "fabric". I dyed it gray & put a blue bindin' on it. I was then gonna put an elephant in the corner o' it also. As I was tryin' ta fuse the elephant I touched the iron ta the bindin'. Now that iron was real hot 'cause I was havin' trouble gittin' the flannel ta fuse. Well when I touched the iron ta that bindin' it melted!!!! I thought it was cotton but It melted like it was polyester! Well she got 4 blankets & no quilt.
Everyone seemed ta like both gifts from my DSis & myself. That fleece quilt was just darlin'. I'm startin' ta feel like I'm a good teacher.