View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Friday1961

Glad you had a good experience with your new JoAnn's. Our store relocated last year to a booming new shopping area and the store is twice the size of the old one. But I kind of hate it. All the old, familiar employees are gone, the new ones aren't helpful and don't seem to know anything about fabric, including how to cut it, and while there's a lot more "stuff" in general, the fabric selection seems poorer. I was there just yesterday looking for hardware for bags (strap connections, fasteners, etc.) and it's all in different areas, according to manufacturer, apparently. One display was against a far wall, another in a center aisle. I suspect this is part of the new marketing ploy--I see the same thing in many stores now, including supermarkets-- in order to make customers walk around (and buy) more, but it's annoying to those of us who go in with a purpose and then waste time trying to find what we want. What's more the new store is farther from where I live .

I find I shop JoAnn's less and less, whereas in the old, smaller, shabby, nearer and more comfortable store I was in there at least once a week and sometimes several times a week. JoAnn's, for me, may be going the way Penney's did when it "improved" its stores, in that I just don't darken their doors as often. Shopping online gets more and more tempting.