View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Champanier

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
Take the belt off and move the wheel by hand to see if you have it moving freely. If it's cleaned and oiled well enough then I would suspect the motor next. Double check the wiring and the motor. Mine had thread wound around the spindle coming off the motor and I never would have found it had I not taken the time to look.
Well, that was REALLY helpful! There was indeed thread wrapped around the pulley spindle. With the belt off, it works smooth as can be when I turn the wheel by hand. BUT, when I turn the pulley spindle by hand, I can tell that's where the squeak is - either just inside the motor or. It's right below where the grease is suposed to go. I poked gently with a wooden toothpick and am comming out with some small solid gunk, but I don't want to damage anthing.

So, I'm trying to take the motor apart without disconnecting it from the machine. I have it dismounted and I took out the set screw on the pulley, but I don't know how the pulley shaft is supposed to come off. The diections I've found say to remove the set screw and take off the pulley. Does it pull off? (If it's supposed to pull, it doesn't.) Does it need to be twisted? (I tried holding a small screwdriver blade in the flat hole and then trying to unscrew the outer part, but nothing moved easily.)

Help?[ATTACH=CONFIG]498245[/ATTACH] (Now that I see this photo, I'll scrub some more dirt away...)
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg