View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Leann

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I am down 1 pound this week. My knee is also still stiff. I saw the dr last week and he ordered a Synovisc (I am sure i spelled it wrong) shot for me. They worked really well before the surgery. Insurance has changed the rules on them so it could take 2 or 3 weeks to get it. He is going to do a cortisone injection with it. That hurts but it does work well. Last time he added cortisone I could hardly walk out of the office. It was fine the next morning. I hope it works otherwise the next step is knee replacement. I'm not sure I can walk 1/2 mile right now.
I am trying to clean up my diet. I need to cut out the sugar and more of the white flour etc. It is so hard since I am such a carb lover.
meanmom, do you do the Synvisc One or the Synvisc 3-step? My last Synvisc was Feb '13 and I'm due for another one in both knees. It just about cripples me for about 2 weeks, and I have to use the elliptical for a month to be able to move at all. I have to use my orthopedic in Houston as the one I've found in Austin is not very sympathetic to my pain and refuses to prescribe pain meds. My Houston doctor will. Now that the FDA has re-tiered so many drugs, things may be different.

I've been fighting something respiratory all weekend; trying to wash away this scratchy throat with DP. Those 2# I've lost this week will come back if I don't get a grip.