View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 05:02 AM
CindyA

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
I have been very busy working on things to sell at a bazaar at my church on the 22nd. I found a few baby quilt tops I had made but not quilted. Those are done now along with a couple of others that were panels and added batting and backing to and then quilted. I've been sewing them together and birthing them when possible to avoid binding.
Pam, I went on a quilt retreat this weekend. I took Friday off, I need to do that every once in a while. It really does me good to have some 'me' time. While I was there I made a cute little potholder with some novelty fabric. I birthed it to avoid the binding, espcially on something so small. There just isn't a lot of room to work on the spot where the binding joins with itself (does that make sense?) Anyway, I haven't finished slip stitching it closed so I'm not sure if I'm completely happy with it but it sure was easy enough.

While I was there I did not eat well, but didn't go completely crazy. They didn't have a snack table so that helped or I would've eaten the whole time! But the dinner I ordered Saturday night was huge! Trying to make healthier choices this week. I'm NOT brave enough to get on the scale this morning.

Have a good week everyone.