Thread: Fabric boxes
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 01:11 PM
LynnVT

I've been demonstrating how to make them at our guild show and at a meeting, so I've heard lots of ideas and had some of my own.
Make them in kid fabrics, and put in Legos or little dolls, crayons, small scissors. Or give home made or purchased food like a jar of jam or pack of cookies. For the bathroom, little soaps or travel size toiletries; nail clipper, comb, nail polish. For the kitchen, spices and a recipe card. For the desk, stamps, a cute pen, note cards, stapler, little boxes of paper clips, elastics, etc. Best of all, jewelry. I picture using the boxes as a gift box with colored tissue and the gift items inside it. Yes, mug and tea would be great, or some packs of cocoa plus marshmallows. The ideas are endless! Plus if you make a tall thin box it could hold a small bottle of wine or sparkling cider. Perfect for a gift card or even cash, too. For a baby shower you could put in all sorts of little things like baby hairbrush and comb, Q-tips, little hair clips for a girl, a rattle or squeaky toy. For someone with a dog or cat - use appropriate fabric and add biscuits or little treats.

Last edited by LynnVT; 11-10-2014 at 01:13 PM.