Old 11-11-2014, 05:56 AM
nanna-up-north

Default My 8th LBB (Little Brown Birl) block is now done.

I've decided to show you 2 pictures this time.... one before the embellishments are added and one after. I hope you like the transformation.

This one was yet another skill to learn..... a basket made from bias strips. I thought, no problem, I can do this and proceeded to weave and stitch from the top of the basket to the bottom......wrong!! I had to take it all out and start from the bottom. I really should have known better.... live and learn they say.

And, I made the rose buds a different way..... a method shown to me by SueB from QH. Thanks, Sue. I'm not proficient at it yet but I'll get better.

Okay, this is my 8th block finished but block #6 in the Little Brown Bird Quilt Book by Margaret Docherty. I say this every time I post a block but perhaps someone looking at the post this time is new to the quilt. And if you'd like to see the other blocks I've finished you can click on my name, select view profile, scroll down to the bottom and find my LBB album on the left hand side.

Now that I'm done with my 8th block, I have just 32 more to go..... plus side triangles and borders. I know, it's a daunting task..... but I'm up for the challenge..... having such fun with it.

Some people have said they are going to join in on this quilt.... has anyone started yet? I don't check QB every day but I don't want to miss anyone else's blocks.

Okay, things will slow down now..... holiday season ahead.... but I'll keep posting these as I finish them, just like so many of you have asked me to do... Thanks for looking.