View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 11:40 AM
RugosaB

Default This paying it forward stuff works!

I just sent an online order to Hancock Fabrics. It was 15% off the total order for Veterans Day, and I reached the $60 amount for free shipping.
Or so I thought.
I got a confirmation of the order in email, and it looks like I was 23 cents shy of getting the free shipping.
Hancocks has a form on their website that I filled out and exlained what I had done, could they just add another yard of anything I ordered so I could qualify for the free shipping?
Within 10 minutes I got a reply that they were not going to charge me for the shipping.
Nice store.

Then I remembered:
Yesterday I got an emial from a Norma, asking if she could buy some of the basenji Xmas cards? (Years ago, when my daughter was maybe 12? she drew some awfully cute basenji drawings and we printed them into cards and she sold them. With my 'hit in the head' car accident, I no longer do things like that because it just takes too much brain power to stay orgnaized and I had a box full of unsold cards here)

I told her I would send them to her and she should just 'pay it forward' however her life tells her to.
That experience with Hancocks, for almost exactly the same dollar amount, is proof to me that this 'payng it forward' idea is the right way to do things, when possible

I know any mother would say that what their daughter drew at age 12 is adorable is expected, but they really were:
Of course the watermarks were not on the cards)
Attached Thumbnails image140.jpg   image139.jpg