View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 10:44 PM
manicmike

Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
oh you are so right......this one weighs a ton and a half..............I have yet another question...what kind of bobbins do I need to order? it has only the one that was on it and I cant find any kind of marks on that..and the manual doesn't mention any number or size,etc for the bobbins that it needs......help please......thanks..........
After a quick search, Pfaff bobbins are unique to Pfaffs. You'll possibly have to order them, but they fit 213 to 280 according to eBay sellers (I checked a couple) and I imagine 300 series would be the same (300s are the same machine but free arm version).

My friend Amelia (QB name is Frudemoo) sold one for me. When she checked it so she could demonstrate it, I got a call from her. She said she really really wanted to keep it as her #1 machine and I had to do a lot of talking to get her to let go of it!
She's a couture dress maker, incidentally and had tested it sewing silk etc. I found her a Pfaff 230 as a replacement and she loves it. She compared it with her Bernina 640-2 favorit and said it was impossible to pick a winner.
You can look up the machine's serial number for the exact year of manufacture. I haven't the site bookmarked but it was easy enough to find.